- The LONG DP Jargon Guide
- Forums jargon for DPers
- Wiki jargon for DPers
- Book Publishing jargon for DPers
- LOTE Jargon Guides
WordCheck is a tool for checking spelling and other details in the Proofreading Interface.
The WordCheck tool refined and expanded upon DP's previous spellchecking functionality in basically three inter-related areas:
- page text is able to be checked in more than one language,
- commonly occurring stealth scannos can be flagged for extra attention from proofers using bad word lists, and
- a good word list of project-specific proper nouns and terminology can be specified so that correct spellings of those words will no longer be flagged for proofers.
- punctuation characters are presented with a different background color.
A great deal of thanks is due to cpeel and jmdyck for all their work in making these frequently requested features a reality.
In the Standard proofreading interface, you can find the WordCheck button grouped with the other buttons below the proofreading window. In the Enhanced proofreading interface, the WordCheck button displays a picture of a page with a a blue "S" and checkmark: