Well, I've tried nearly every role on this site, and now dipping my toes into Content Providing. I'm going to start out by harvesting images, but if I find I like it I might do the book scanning too at some point.... I have to force myself to take little steps at a time, and not take on too much. I still enjoy post-processing, especially crafting HTML versions (which is becoming more and more complex, what with Accessibility and EPUB format).
If you need to contact me for any reason, you can send me a PM.
Recently, I've been thinking of ways the PG content can be re-used.
- One interesting way I've seen recently, was a video on Youtube of illustrations in an ebook. I immediately decided I wanted to try that too for some of my highly illustrated projects.
- My first attempt! No music, because I need to first locate something free of copyright.
- Another possibility that recently came to my mind was uploading an ebook to Goodreads.com.
- Story of a Soul by St. Thérèse of Lisieux has only a plain text version and an auto-generated HTML. A while back I created an HTML version for my own use based on that plain text. I need to figure out how I can share it. Also I think I found an edition of this in TIA (containing the same text, including material that the transcriber omitted too), which has illustrations that can be added.
- Re-using illustrations idea: putting them on shirts, notebooks, mugs, etc. (ala Cafepress.com)
I've been making small incremental contributions to the Wiki. Maybe I should ask on the forums what people want to have on the Wiki, what is confusing, etc.
- Regex Cookbook - find useful regexes from Regular expression clinic thread to post here. See also User:Vls.
- Add the info about DU
- Special Days/Talk Like A Pirate Day et al.
- The Lords Prayer in 500 Languages
- User:Laurawisewell/Scrap_Paper - Finish this up
- Periodicals - look through and add in any scans available at JSTOR.
- Team Catholic project list - ongoing
- PP examples on PG - some of these sections are really bare, e.g. Transcriber Notes.
- My projects - PP and PM
- Modified PP Checklist
- PM Routine
- Regexes I use
- HTML examples I re-use
- Tools I use
- Guiguts Tips and Tricks - how to change highlight color of the arbitrary character
- Removing Grey Background from Illustrations
- Notes on processing Russian (old orthography)
- Mobile formats
Most Useful Post-Processing Links
Walk-Throughs & Guiguts
- Post-Processing FAQ
- PP Guiguts tutorial (attempt was made to replace it with Guiguts Tutorial)
- User:Miller (walkthrough, looks useful)
- The Guiguts Tool
- PG Text Guidelines - including what to do and what to avoid
- PG HTML Guidelines - ditto
- CSS Cookbook (Indices)
- Guide to smallcaps
- Guide to Image Processing
- User:Jhellingman/Image_processing_work-flow (looks interesting; haven't tried yet)
- Accessibility Recipes
- Unicode and You
- PP guide to cross-volume links
- HTML Best Practices
- rfrank's software
- User:Katt83 (collection of interesting tools)
- IE6 emulator from MicroSoft - my other emulator just doesn't work right.
- GIMP/Scripts for image processing
Links in this section deal with the versions made for mobile devices / ebook readers; still need to figure out how it would affect my post-processing work
- The Proofreader's Guide to EPUB - What, Why, How
- Some notes on EPUB - supported/unsupported features
- Traditional Post-Processing, goal: ePub convertibility forum thread.
- Post-Processor's Guide to Custom Epubs
- MobileRead - forums dedicated to eBook readers
- Russian software for Sony reader (wow! I want!)
- E-book Reader Comparison Matrix
PM Related Links
- P3 skip evaluation (Confidence in Page analysis) - Determining if a project can skip or should repeat a round.
- A personal View of PMing
- DP Administrators
- Library of Formatting Examples
- Formatting Examples
- Books wanted
- Identifying already published or cleared texts
Neat Other Links
- All DP banners
- Review Work Tool (non-PP, useful for P3 Qualification probably)
- DP Walkthrough video
- Guiguts Enhancements
- Other tools
- Volunteer blogs
- Images of completed projects
- Mentor view - to view images and text simultaneously
- Task Center - Bugs and feature requests
To-do: look for more and newer links, what other people link to (hopefully they don't mind. User:Srjfoo?)
Old watched threads
- Questions and Help on Greek in PP forum
- But what do I DO with Greek/Saxon words when I PP?
- May a PPer add a footnote
- HTML for complex typographical alignment using tables vs. inline-lists
- Ordered Lists Unusual lists
- Help Wanted - replace old HTML fix up ugly auto-generated HTML versions for popular eBooks