Use this wiki page to list multi-volume sets to which you are missing one or more volumes. See also:
- If you are missing pages, not entire books, post on the Missing Pages wiki page.
- If your series is written by multiple authors try this page.
- If you are looking for a missing magazine, post on the Periodicals page.
Using the Missing Volumes Wiki
To add a request
Add an entry to the list of missing volumes - clone one of the existing entries. That is, copy an existing entry, and paste it where you want your new request. Delete the details of the other series and fill in the appropriate new information. The general format is:
Title of Series with any subtitle by AUTHOR, published by PUBLISHER, CITY, state if any, YEAR. Then add any NOTES.
- Your DP NAME and which volumes you have or need.
- If you can add any INFO ABOUT OTHER HOLDINGS of the series, great!
To claim a request
Send a PM to the requester saying you can help supply their missing volume.
List of Missing Volume Requests
(Alphabetical by Title)
An Account of the Kingdom of Caubul And its dependencies in Persia, Tartary, and India, (comprising a view of the Afghaun nation, and a history of the Dooraunee monarchy) by Mountstuart Elphinstone, Publ. by Longman, Hurst, Rees, London, 1819
- Vol. I is in preparatin at DP-EU. ghilderich would also like to PP second volume if it is sent through DP-INT or DP-EU.
Atlas der Zahnheilkunde - In Stereoskopischen Bildern (parallel titles: Atlas of Dentistry - In Stereoscopical Photos and Atlas d'Odontologie - En Vues Stéréoscopiques), by Karl Witzel. Published by Julius Springer, Berlin, 1909-12. Stereoscopic x-ray images of teeth (yes, you read that correctly), with accompanying booklet in 3 languages (German, English and French).
- GroovingPict has Series 2 of 3, missing 1 and 3. Added January 30, 2010.
Encyclopedia of Diet: A Treatise on the Food Question by Eugene Christian, Pub by Corrective Eating Society, Inc. (New York) 1917.
- JulietS has vols 1, 2 and 5 (of 5) all of which are going through DP. vol 1 contains the ToC for all 5 vols (although each vol also has its own ToC) and vol 5 has the index for all 5 vols. The page numbering is continuous through all the volumes (1400+ pages). Would be really nice to have vols 3 and 4. Added Mar 2, 2008
A history of art in Chaldæa & Assyria by Georges Perrot. Published by Chapman and Hall, London, 1884.
- amastronardi was the PM for Volume 1
- Volume 2 would complete the set.
General History of the Christian Era by A. Guggenberger, S. J., published by B. Herder Books, St. Louis MO and London, W. C., 1899.
- Estreya has Volumes 2 and 3 of ?? volumes.
- Google books has vol 1. TIA has volume 1 of the 4th edition and volumes 2 and 3 of the 3rd.
Histoire de France by Jules Michelet (in French), Lacroix ed., 1876-1877.
- Mireille is PM and Lostpaces is PP; they need volumes 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11 of 19.
- Volume 5 - claimed by bsr
- (mroe July 2009) I think all volumes are now in progress
Historia de la conquista de Mexico. Población y progresos de la America septentrional, conocida por el nombre de Nueva Espana by Antonio de Solís. (Corregida por Don Agustin Luis Josse). Published by R. Juigné, Londres, 1809.
History of the war in South Africa, 1899-1902 by Major General Sir John Frederick Maurice, published by Hurst and Blackett Limited, London, 1906-1910.
- Vol 1 of 4 is at DP (project page)
- PM of first volume (Malcolm Farmer) doesn't have access to the other volumes any more: a) I don't work there any more, and b) they're now in a Special Collection so the backup plan of someone borrowing them for me won't work.
- PPer of first volume (ghilderich) also would like to PP other three volumes.
(note that subsequent volumes are by other authors)
John L. Stoddard's Lectures by John L. Stoddard, Balch Brothers Co., Boston and Geo. L. Shuman & Co., Chicago, 1903. Subtitled: "illustrated and embellished with views of the world's famous places and people, being the identical discourses delivered during the past eighteen years under the title of the Stoddard Lectures."
- Estreya has Volume 4 of 10 volumes.
- Volume 10 of 10 is online at PG as etext 15526.
- The Internet Archive has vol 1
- Google Books has vol 1, vol 3 and supplementary volume.
- JulietS has all 10 volumes (well, 9 now that vol. 10 has finished) as well as some of the supplementary volumes. Another PG/DP volunteer (blanking on the name) also has the whole series. This was printed in many editions, some of which have a color frontis and others of which don't. The more deluxe edition is preferable.
- The entire series can now be found on The Internet Archive, a few in multiple copies.
Mémoires d'outre-tombe (Oeuvre complète) by Chateaubriand (in French).
- Mireille is PM and Lostpaces is PP; they need volume 3 of 5.
Memoirs of Celebrated Characters by Alphonse de Lamartine, published by Harper and Brothers, Franklin Square, 1854.
Memoirs of Louis XIV and His Court of the Regency by the Duke of Saint-Simon, published by P. F. Collier & Son, 1910.
- Estreya has Volume 3 of (probably) 3 volumes.
- Google books has vol 1 and vol 2. TIA has volumes 1, 2 and 3.
Mysteries of Paris, The by Eugene Sue, published by Peter Fenelon Collier & Son, NY, 1900.
- Estreya has Volume 1 of 3 volumes.
- Volume 2 of 3 is online at PG as a plain text .
- Volume 3 of 3 is online at PG as a plain text.
Puritans, The or The Church, Court, and Parliament of England during the Reigns of Edward VI. and Queen Elizabeth by Samuel Hopkins, published by Gould and Lincoln, NY, 1859.
- Estreya has Volume 1 of 3 volumes. TIA has both the 1875 edition from NY / Randolph (1, 2, 3) and the Boston / Gould, 1860 (1, 2, 3) editions.
Pugio fidei adversus Mauros et Judaeos by Raymond Martin, or one of several variants "Ramón Martí", "Raymvndi Martini", etc. 1967 .
- DPJeff is the PM.
- DPJeff has scans of the 13th century manuscript, hand written by a scribe. But, these make frequent use of non-standard ligatures which cannot be represented in ASCII. So the MSS itself cannot be processed through DP.
- The 17th century edition is functionally out of the question. Good luck getting anybody to loan you a 17th century book! [I've tried].
- The 1967 edition is a facsimile of 1687 edition, it should be fine to put up on DP and proof. Sadly, it's rare in its own right and only a few Universities have a copy. A non-exhaustive WorldCat listing is:
Roxburghe Library of Classics published by Roxburghe Press, NY and London, 1904. Subtitled: "a bibliophile library of literature, art, and rare manuscripts"
- Estreya has Volumes 9, 11, 17, and 25 of 30 volumes.
Short History of the English People, A by J. R. Green, M. A., published by Harper & Brothers, Franklin Square, 1895. Subtitled: "illustrated edition edited by Mrs. J. R. Green and Miss Kate Norgate."
- Estreya has Volume 4 of ?? volumes. TIA has volumes 1, 2, 3, and 4 of the same(?) illustrated edition published by Bigelow Brown (one of 151 editions linked to the primary entry in Worldcat).
The Life and Voyages of Christopher Columbus, Vol. I by Washington Irving
- Volume II was one of the first books PM'd by caw, but he did not have Vol. I at the time and it has not yet been posted.
- David Price's page lists Vol. I it as having been cleared in 2001.
- Several editions appear to be available at Google Print, but none have been checked for completeness/quality
Titan: A Romance by Jean Paul Friedrich Richter. Trans by Charles T. Brooks. Published by Ticknor and Fields, Boston, 1864.
- JulietS has vol 1 but not vol 2.
Tried for her life by Southworth, Emma Dorothy Eliza Nevitte, 1871
- Sequel to Cruel as the Grave, PM'd and to be PP'd by rfrank47
- Claimed By DaveKline for PMing
United States from the Landing of Columbus to the Signing of the Peace Protocol with Spain by Julian Hawthorne, published by Peter Fenelon Collier, 1898.
- Estreya has Volumes 1 and 2 of 3 volumes.
- greentea has requested volume 3 from her library (17 Nov 2006). TIA has Volume 3.
Universal Classics Library: The Diary of John Evelyn by William Bray, published by M. Walter Dunne, Washington & London, 1901.