Jump to navigation Jump to search
I'm currently working on some documentation projects.
- Text_Editors_for_PP: A list of text editors that can be used for PP and their features.
- PP_with_Gedit: How to PP with the text editor Gedit
- How to properly markup right to left text within a left to right language (ie English with Hebrew or French with Arabic)
Missing Pages Projects I'm working on
- The Lathe and Its Uses I've sent page 1-100 to Jeannie. I've also scanned 101-150. Will need to order the book again to get further scans.
- Ancient Monuments of the Mississippi Valley Downtown library archives - There are just a couple pages needed and proofing has gone on without it.
- Works of Mr. George Gillespie (Vol. 2 of 2) I had requested it, must have been the wrong book because I returned it, but I have no notes. I will request again when I get a chance.
Projects I have clearance for and their status
Books not currently on DP
- Congressional Record - Cleared. I have issues from volumes 52 (1914), 54, 55 (1917) and 56 (1918) - Office
- Cyclopedia of Carpentry and Contracting - Cleared - Vol 3 is chopped and Vol 1 at Google Books is missing some pages (the list of authorities starts with a continued page). All volumes are available at The Hathi Trust Digital Library, but low res.
- The Delphian Course Part 7 - Cleared (I only have volume 7) - chopped - May be on Google Books...
- Farm Economy; A Cyclopedia of Agriculture for the Practical Farmer and His Family - Cleared - Chopped
- Frank Leslie's Christmas Book - Cleared, Scanned, Some pages need rescanning. - PS
- Essays in Astronomy - Cleared - PSU and Google Books
- The last forty years - Cleared, available on archives.org
- Dickens - Cleared - PSU and a different edition at Google Books
- Species, Age and Sex Identification of Ducks Using Wing Plumage - Cleared - PSU
- A report of a system of public elementary instruction for Upper Canada - Cleared - Available at Archives
- The life and Typography of William Caxton, v. 1 - Cleared. Scanned, but poorly. Needs to be cleaned up. and Google Books
- William Caxton - cleared. Some pages scanned from microform. Want to try to find a better source. - Google Books - some pages cropped
- The Design and Construction of Ships - Cleared. I scanned some plates, but that was all. Multcolib and Google Books
- Outline of Colorado History and Civil Government - Cleared - Chopped
- Voyages en Zigzag - Cleared. Harvested images from ICDL (French)
- Hats Off! - cleared - Summit
- History of Prices During the War - Cleared, this is a government bulletin. 57 volumes - PSU and Google Books?
- Ribanye i ribarscho prigovaranye i razliche stvari, ine sloxene po Petretv Hectorovichiv Hvaraninv. - Cleared, Croatian - PSU
- The Knight of Gwynne - Vol 1 and 2 - cleared - ICDL?
- Early Oregon - cleared - PSU?
- Acquisitions of Oregon, v. 1 - cleared - PSU?
- Miscellany Poems Upon Several Occasions - cleared - PSU?
- The mistresse, or several copies of love-verses - cleared - PSU?
- History of Greece - cleared - PSU?
- A Southern Cross Fairy Tale - Need a physical copy as the front matter has odd page numbering, as well as around the plates. - ICDL
Books I have clearance for that are already on PG, but need updating
- Welsh Fairy Tales - Cleared, harvest scans, already in PG without illos
- The Adventured of Ulysses - Cleared, harvest scans, already in PG without illos
- Penrod - Cleared, but already in PG without illos.
- Helen's Babies - Cleared, but already in PG without Illos
- Ramona - Cleared, but already in PG without illos. I am told that the current copy on PG has many proofing errors, so we could/should rerun this, but my copy has a newer copyright from 1939. It appears that the illos are new to the 1939 edition, so cannot be used.
- A Dog of Flanders - Cleared, I think this is from ICDL. The harvest I have is missing pages. Already in PG, without illos
Series' that have been started, but some are not done
- Botanical Magazine - Cleared up to 1923. First 8 issues posted. 9, 10 and 13 in DP. The first 20 volumes are here: http://fax.libs.uga.edu/QK1xC981/. The remainder will have to be scrounged up, somehow. Many volumes are on Archives.com and Google Books, but are poorly scanned. Illos from first 26 volumes are here http://www.nal.usda.gov/curtis/ and a bunch are also found here http://digital.lib.uiowa.edu/curtis/index.php.
- Bentley's Miscellany - Cleared - I have clearance for the entire series from 1837 to 1868. Several are available on Google and Archives, and I'm harvesting them. Vol 32 has another clearance from 2001, but it does not appear to be in PG.
Books currently on DP
- Bentley's Miscellany Vol 1 and 2
- Botanical Magazine Vols 10 and 13
- Tipographia Hispalense
- 25 Billeder for Børn
- Finsk Bilderbok
- Documentos Para La Historia Del Virreinato Del Rio Del La Plata
- Manual de Paleografía Diplomática Española de los siglos XII al XVII
- Catalogue of the Manuscripts in the Spanish Languag in the British Museum
- Studies in the History and Method of Science
- The English Hymnal
- Sagor af Z. Topelius. Första Samlingen
- The Fundamentals of Bacteriology
- The Principal Species of Wood
- The Taming of Red Butte Western by Francis Lynde
- The Tale of Johnny Town-Mouse by Beatrix Potter
- Carving and Serving by Mrs. D.A. Lincoln
- A Course In Wood Turning by Archie S. Milton and Otto K. Wohlers
- Genesis A: Translated from the Old English
- The Loving Ballad of Lord Bateman, by Charles Dickens and William Makepeace Thackeray, Illustrated by George Cruikshank
- The Anti-Slavery Alphabet
- Jack Sheppard: A Romance by William Harrison Ainsworth
- The Closet of Sir Kenelm Digby Knight Opened
- Half-hours with the Telescope: Being a Popular Guide to the Use of the Telescope as a Means of Amusement and Instruction. by Richard A. Proctor
- The Interlude of Wealth and Health
- Amusing Trial in which a Yankee Lawyer Renders a Just Verdict
- King Winter
- Return-Loads Bureaus To Save Waste In Transportation
- Ducks at a Distance; A Waterfowl Identification Guide
- A Christmas Carol, by Charles Dickens, Illustrated by George Alfred Williams
- The Ancient Banner; or Brief Sketches of Persons and Scenes in the Early History of Friends.
- The Cricket on the Hearth, by Charles Dickens, Illustrated by George Alfred Williams
- A Manual of Pronunciation; For Practical Use in Schools and Families
- Peter the Hermit; a story of enthusiasm By Daniel A. Goodsell
- Herbert Hoover; The Man and His Work by Vernon L. Kellogg
- Punch, Or The London Charivari, Vol 150, February 9, 1916
- The temple of glass by John Lydgate
- Jane's All the World's Aircrafts, 1913 by Fred T. Jane, Editor
- The Boys' And Girls' Library by Peter Parley
- Stories of Great Men by Faye Huntington
- Gobolinks by Ruth McEnery Stuart And Albert Bigelow Paine
- Our boys, and other poems by Alan Strang
- The history of currency, 1252 to 1896
- The botanical magazine, or, Flower-garden displayed - Volume 9
- The Fijians: A Study of the Decay of Custom
- Quantity cookery
- The History of the Ten 'Lost' Tribes: Anglo-Israelism Examined
- Clayton's Quaker cook-book by H.J. Clayton
- Pictures and Stories
- Carey & Hart's Catalog (1852), by Edward Carey and Abraham Hart
- Chinese Biographical Dictionary (Working on it. lemoncactus has agreed to help with the Chinese.)
- Mythology among the Hebrews
- The botanical magazine, or, Flower-garden displayed - Volume 10