DP Official Documentation:Main/How to get Email Alerts when a Wiki Page is Updated
Distributed Proofreaders policy and procedures change periodically. If you'd like to remain up-to-date on changes, you can arrange to receive alerts whenever a document is updated.
You need to be logged into the wiki
To add a page to your "watchlist" so that it will send you an email whenever that page is changed, you must first be logged into the wiki. There is a "log in" link in the top right-hand corner of each wiki page. You must also have entered a current email address in your Distributed Proofreaders preferences.
How to mark a page so that it will send you alerts
Depending on the appearance you have selected in your wiki preferences, you can mark the page to send you change alerts in the following ways:
- Vector: Click on the Star icon on the menu bar at the top of the page
- Cologne Blue: Click on the "Watch" link part-way down the menu on the left side of the wiki page.
- Modern: Click on the "watch" link on the menu bar at the top of the page.
- MonoBook: Click on the "watch" tab at the top of the page.
- Timeless: Click on the Star icon on the menu bar near the top of the page.
How to change your alert preferences
To remove an alert, simply click on the Star icon or "unwatch" link, depending on which is used for the wiki appearance you have chosen.
To edit the alert, go to the wiki Preferences screen and select the "Basic Information" section. Then scroll down to the "Email options" area and select whether you want the wiki to email you when a page or file on your watchlist has changed, when there is a minor edit of watched pages and files, or when your user talk page has changed. Many users deselect the option that sends updates for minor page edits.