DPFoundation:State of DPF/State of DPF in 2020
This report covers January - December 2020
- Evaluated the General Manager's 2020 performance and approved her 2021 objectives.
- Completed two long-standing projects:
- Switching to a different bank (TIAA). The Chase account has a minimal balance and will be closed at some point when the Treasurer is sure no funds are still flowing through it.
- Established a new Registered Agent and a new mailing address to handle official government communications.
- Approved long-term objectives for the Foundation.
- Updated the By-laws:
- Reference to the Mission statement
- Term length for Class 4 Trustees
- Minimum qualifications of Trustees.
- Canceled the 2020 election, in accordance with the By-Laws, as the number of candidates matched the number of available seats.
The bank balance as of 31 December 2020 was $22,367.27. This is sufficient to cover operating expenses for approximately 7 years, barring extraordinary unforeseen expenses. In addition, roughly $300 of DP expenses annually are paid directly by volunteers as donations. DPF is up-to-date with all Federal and NJ state tax and legal filings.
DP Milestones and Software Updates
- Apr: 39,000th unique title posted
- May: Site converted to Unicode (UTF-8)
- Oct: DP's 20th Anniversary and the DP Blog's 10th Anniversary
- Oct: 40,000th unique title posted
For full details, please see the State of DP Development as of January 2021.
- May: As mentioned above, DP implemented UTF-8 support for our proofreading and formatting.
- Aug: Major revision to the Guiguts post-processing software released.
- Dec: Post-Processing workbench moved onto Production server.
10 April 2021
President, Board of Trustees
Distributed Proofreaders Foundation