DPFoundation:State of DPF/State of DPF in 2018
This report covers January - December 2018
2018 was a relatively quiet year for the Board.
- Evaluated the General Manager (GM).
- Evaluated and approved the GM's objectives for 2018.
- Ran a successful Board election jointly with the GM.
- Changed conferencing methodology. The initial intent, to use Skype, did not work out. We have been successfully using the voice feature of Slack since the July, 2018 meeting.
- Discussed DP's Facebook presence.
- Discussed (on-going) restructuring the responsibilities of the Treasurer.
The bank balance as of the February, 2019 Board meeting is $14,706.49. This is enough to cover estimated annual expenses of between $3,000 and $3,500 for 4 years, barring unforseen expenses. Some DP expenses are directly covered by volunteers as their donations. We have small donations coming in regularly through Benevity, PayPal Giving Fund, Truist and Amazon Smile. The Board continues to refine a more detailed budget. DPF is up-to-date with all Federal and NJ state tax filings.
DP Milestones and Software Updates
- Jan: 35,000th unique title posted
- Sep: 36,000th unique title posted
- Oct: DP's 18th Anniversary
The big change for the server was the OS upgrade to Ubuntu 16.04 in April, however, there were many important software updates throughout the year, thanks to DP's active developers. For more detailed information, see Recent Additions to the Site.
2019 March 2
President, Board of Trustees
Distributed Proofreaders Foundation