DPFoundation:State of DPF/State of DPF in 2017
This report covers January - December 2017
The most important thing that the Board did this year was to approve an increase in server hosting fees when it was discovered that DP's former hosting service was closing down. Research determined that the best option would be to move the physical server from New Jersey to Pittsburgh; approved fees were in line with those of other hosting services elsewhere.
Other business during the past year:
- Evaluated GM and the GM's objectives for 2017
- Revised LOTE policy
- Extensive discussion of how, when, and whether to solicit donations.
- Approved revised Code of Conduct (CoC).
- Updated Donor Information page.
- Began work on officer hand-off documents.
- Formalized a Memorandum of Understanding for Trustees, to which all DPF Trustees must agree (and any candidates for Trustee must agree to abide by the MoU if elected).
The Board continues to refine policies and procedures as need is determined.
The bank balance as of the February, 2018 Board meeting is $13,494.27. This is enough to cover estimated annual expenses of between $3,000 and $3,500 for 3.5 to 4 years. Some DP expenses are directly covered by volunteers as their donations. We have small donations coming in regularly through Truist, Benevity, PayPal Giving Fund and Amazon Smile. The Board continues to refine a more detailed budget.
DPF is up-to-date with all Federal and NJ state tax filings.
DP Milestones and Updates
- Jan: SSL/HTTPS
- Mar: Server moved to new hosting facility in Pittsburgh, PA;
- OS upgrade.
- Apr: Rolled out French translation of the site
- Jun: Forums upgraded to phpBB3.2; wiki upgraded
- Jul: 34,000th unique title posted
- CSS standardization and HTML5 support
- Oct: DP's 17th Anniversary
- Nov: Updates to Project Manager page, Project Search form and Results page
2018 February 11
President, Board of Trustees
Distributed Proofreaders Foundation