Distributed Proofreaders Foundation
The Distributed Proofreaders Foundation
The Distributed Proofreaders Foundation (DPF) is the legal entity through which the Distributed Proofreaders organization is governed.
The official title of the Foundation is Distributed Proofreaders Foundation, Inc. It is a 501(c)3 tax exempt public charity. The tax id. or EIN Number is 20-4682326 and donations are tax exempt under US Law. For information on donating to the Distributed Proofreaders Foundation please see this page.
Present By-Laws may be found here.
Historical By-Laws may be found here.
The original Certificate of Incorporation may be found here in pdf form: click here.
DPF's mission statement as adopted by the Board in December 2019:
- The mission of the Distributed Proofreaders Foundation is to govern and support Distributed Proofreaders, a supportive community of volunteers, in its mission to preserve written works, primarily books, that are in the Public Domain in the United States by converting them into high-quality, freely available digital transcriptions.
Board of Trustees
The history and responsibility of the Board is detailed at Board of Trustees, but the current members of the Board are also presented here.
The Board members at present, office (if any), year of election, and last year of current term are
- Sharon Joiner, srjfoo, President (Trustee from 2016 until 2022).
- Rick Tonsing, okrick, Secretary (Trustee from 2018 until 2021).
- Rich Hulse, BookBuff, Treasurer (Trustee from 2018 until 2021).
- Manny Ackerman, mannyack (Trustee from 2019 until 2022).
- Linda Cantoni LCantoni (Trustee from 2020 until 2023)
- Walt Farrell wfarrell (Trustee from 2020 until 2023)
- Greg Newby, gbnewby ('external member' Trustee from 2011 to 2014; Class 4 Trustee from 2014 to 2022).
- Trustee terms begin on June 1 of their election year, and end on May 31 of the year their term ends.
- The DP General Manager, Linda Hamilton lhamilton, is also an ex officio (non-voting) member of the DPF Board.
If you need to contact one of the officers you can use the links above to do so via PM if you're a DP volunteer, or you may use one of the following email addresses:
- President: dpf-president at pgdp.net
- Secretary: dpf-secretary at pgdp.net
- Treasurer: dpf-treasurer at pgdp.net
The Distributed Proofreaders Foundation welcomes (and depends on) monetary donations in order to carry out our goal of supporting the Distributed Proofreaders website and enabling the volunteers at DP to continue providing books to Project Gutenberg. If you would like to assist us in supporting Distributed Proofreaders by making a donation, please see this page for information on the contribution methods that we support.
- If you would like to see additional information on the DP Foundation wiki pages, please make your suggestions on this page: DPFoundation talk:Distributed Proofreaders Foundation.
- Distributed Proofreaders