Memorandum of Understanding for Project Facilitators and Squirrels
Project Facilitators and Squirrels play an important role in ensuring the functioning of the DP site and in helping foster a friendly sense of community -- both of which are vital to the health of DP. Volunteers who take on these roles deserve a great deal of gratitude.
As part of their duties, Project Facilitators and Squirrels should make the following commitments:
- to perform their work to the best of their ability and as time permits;
- to try, to the best of their abilities, to make DP a friendly and supportive community;
- to take care that their personal opinions are not easily mistaken by DP volunteers as official DP positions;
- to not disclose confidential information obtained as a PF or Squirrel to the general DP community;
- to access confidential information only as appropriate to the needs of the role performed;
- to maintain the security of their DP passwords and notify appropriate technical volunteers of any potential security problems;
- to alert other PFs or squirrels if they plan to be absent so that their roles can be covered; and
- to inform the GM if they are no longer able to perform their PF or Squirrel functions.