The DP Foundation (DPF) is incorporated under New Jersey state law. DP's day-to-day running is in the hands of a General Manager (GM). The GM is overseen by the DPF Board of Trustees. (Some documents refer to Board of Directors: the correct term, in accordance with the bylaws, is Board of Trustees) Board members serve three-year terms, and may be re-elected once.
The Board members at present, office (if any), year of election, and last year of current term are
- Sharon Joiner, srjfoo, President (Trustee from 2016 until 2020).
- Rick Tonsing, okrick, Secretary (Trustee from 2018 until 2021).
- Rich Hulse, BookBuff, Treasurer (Trustee from 2018 until 2021).
- Manny Ackerman, mannyack (Trustee from 2019 until 2022).
- Greg Newby, gbnewby ('external member' Trustee from 2011 to 2014; Class 4 Trustee from 2014 to 2020).
- Trustee terms begin on June 1 of their election year, and end on May 31 of the year their term ends.
- The DP General Manager, Linda Hamilton lhamilton, is also an ex officio (non-voting) member of the DPF Board.
If you need to contact one of the officers you can use the links above to do so via PM if you're a DP volunteer, or you may use one of the following email addresses:
- President: dpf-president at pgdp.net
- Secretary: dpf-secretary at pgdp.net
- Treasurer: dpf-treasurer at pgdp.net
- Juliet Sutherland, JulietS External Liaison & Registered Agent
Role and responsibilities of the Board
The Board has a monthly standing meeting by conference call. Minutes are available in the "Board Meeting Minutes 2010-2019" forum.
- Trustee Job Description - General description of the duties of Trustees
- Board Officer Job Descriptions - Description of the duties of the Board officers (President, Secretary, Treasurer)
- Distributed Proofreaders Foundation History - History of the annual Board elections, and information about previous Board members
Historical membership and elections
For historical info about DPF Board elections and prior Board membership, please see DP Foundation History.